No Question is a Stupid Question!

👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂👄👂


    In my opinion, and I was always taught, that by asking lots of questions is the only way to learn. If you don’t understand something or you need clarification, ASK!! Because why not take advantage of someone who knows more than you on a subject? 


    A huge problem that I have observed in our society lately, has been people not educating themselves even though they have the whole world at their finger tips! And I believe that precisely for this reason, people are allowing themselves to fall victim to their own biases. Falling into worm holes of information that support what they believe, instead of actually seeing scientific evidence by professional scientists who have studied a subject their whole life!


    Recently, I think most of us can agree, that things like the coronavirus and climate change have become political. Why this has happened, I cannot tell you for certain, but a possibility could be that some individuals with power, who wish to keep their power and keep money flowing into their pockets, would certainly benefit from laws that support those final objectives. But that’s just how I see it, we can all agree to disagree. 



    I think the stupidest thing, and quite frankly most frustrating, is that lately you can’t have conversations with individuals because they aren’t conversations to begin with! They start and stay as moments of opinion sharing and never develop past that. If you are not educated on the scientifically proven facts, then don’t talk about the subject!! Educate yourself before you start arguing with others over opinions. You cannot have/come to an educated opinion if you do not have all the facts, or at the very least say, “I know this and this on the subject, but quite honestly I do not have all the information and can’t quite make an informed opinion/decision until I do, but at this time I believe this.” When I have actual conversations with people, I am very clear with the language I use because the last thing I want to do is speak out of terms. 


    I really do think that the overflow of opinions on the internet (lol exactly what I am doing) is becoming harmful to individuals because they aren’t reading these articles as opinion pieces, they are reading and processing them as facts, and this is the dangerous thing. News outlets are becoming more about the headline and click bate than actually providing the news that matters, and going in-depth with the specificity needed to educate its audiences. 


    Please, do yourself this favor, ask as many questions as you need in order to understand something. Ask questions from a different perspective other than your own, ask questions that will stimulate yourself, others, and our society to think differently. Maybe you heard something and what to verify its authenticity, ASK!! Whether you are asking yourself and in turn you do further research, or you ask a professor, colleague, or friend who knows more about the subject then you, just ask. 


    Asking questions is a great tool, and remember, before you get embraced and self conscious about asking something, there is no such thing as a stupid question if you simply do not know the answer. Asking questions is not stupid, what is, is not asking and not educating yourself to become a better human for yourself, your community, and in some cases, the world. 


    Go ask some questions and tell me about some experiences you’ve had as of response down in the comments below!


👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄👥👄


Comments

  1. Hi Alexandra, you make some great points! I like that you encourage others to learn and put a positive spin on a potentially "rude" blog prompt. Wish I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had a completely different interpretation on what qualifies as a stupid question. I thought of on the lines of actual stupid questions that me or my friends have said over time. You went above and beyond mainly focusing on stupid conversations, topics and opinions that have must have really been grinding your gears; well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! lol I couldn't expose my friends like that XD

      Delete
  3. Alexandria, you took a lot of time to express how you feel about others and how they respond to questions. I agree with what you that people should be somewhat educated on certain topic's before impulsively commenting. Many people have done very little research and to be frank, know little about what they are talking about. I have also experienced similar things and have had multiple conversations with people, often thinking to myself, that they would stop talking about this topic – it’s obvious that they are just “firing from the hip” with little or no knowledge on a subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Right?! Isn't it infuriating?! lol we can only hope people will get better. *smh*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Teacher(s) And How They've Inspired Me!!

Easy Vegan Pizza You Can Make At Home!!